Saturday, March 3, 2007

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Boo hoo. Last day in Zimbabwe. I'm so sad to be leaving. This has been the most amazing experience. After a short drive to the airport, we flew from Vic Falls to Johannesburg. Five hour layover in Jo-Burg, then on to JFK. Hilary's mom and sister picked us up at JFK, then it was a 3 hour or so drive to Albany. Mom met us and drove me home. It's wild to be back in Saratoga. I can't wait to go back. I have made some amazing friends on this trip and I'm planning on making this an annual trip.








Some of my favorite memories...the children...





...Pumping water from the well...




...Carrying water on our heads (and realizing there was no WAY we could remove our hands from that bucket, let alone carry a baby on our backs like the women of the village do!)









Riding on the back of the truck to the village....





John and Cindy with the children....





The women dancing....




The children singing....

No comments: