Thursday, March 1, 2007

Monday, February 19, 2007

First full day in the village! Up at 6:15 for breakfast, and then loaded up the trucks with supplies.

Set up the clinic and figured out who was going to do what. Miranda and I set up our little station in the back room of the clinic, and we saw 35 patients. Busy! No time for water! The children were all so good. They're so dehydrated and sick that they don't even complain. One little 6th grade cutie was so polite and well-spoken. She gave me a big hug. Her name is Bibiana. Here she is:

Hilary kept the children busy while they were waiting their turn, singing the frog song and the duck family song. I think I'll have those songs in my head forever! She did such a great job, I think I see preschool teacher in her future!

Mark, Nana, and Cindy2 kept the patients flowing through the clinic and saw many interesting cases.

Tonight we went on the Mighty Zambezi for a lovely sunset cruise. We were able to watch some hippos "manufacturing" - a new term.

No comments: